NOTE: The assembly area for the Frank Forward building is the courtyard north of the building (outside the main entrance).
Safety training requirements for all graduate students and new employees
MTRL safety training checklist form
MTRL safety presentation
New personnel are required to view this presentation as part of their safety training.
MTRL department safety orientation
- Safety orientation worksheet The worksheet is now an online “quiz”. Click the link to self-enroll in the Canvas course that has the worksheet. Read the instructions and complete the worksheet, then print the certificate. If you have problems contact Bé Wassink at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Project Planning Sheets
- Hazard analysis & minimization guide (for use with project planning sheets)
- Chemical Waste Inventory Form (on line) (for disposal of chemical waste through the UBC Environmental Services Facility)
- SDS Template Form
- Semi-annual inspection forms: the labs inspection form can be viewed on the main (previous) safety page.
- Safety training checklist for SHORT-TERM VISITORS
Resources and guides
- Department safety rules
- MTRL Safety Rules for Undergraduate Labs
- Sample labeling in MTRL (examples and template)
- Disposal to the Drains – GVRD Sewer Use Bylaws (PDF)
- Students in crisis (PDF)
- Chemical Safety Manual
- Chemical Storage: Incompatibility Guide (PDF)
- Standard Operating Procedures
- SRS Workplace labels – small
- SRS workplace labels – medium
- SRS Workplace labels – large
Supervisor forms and resources
- Guidelines for lab-specific safety training
- Supervisors Monthly Laboratory Inspection Form
- Eyewash Monthly Testing Record Form
- MTRL policy on Working Alone
- Accidents and incidents reporting – See the Accidents & incidents reporting instructions link on the previous page (Safety information and contacts)
- Safe Work Procedures