Safety forms and guides
Safety Training Requirements for all Graduate Students and new employees:
Welcome to the MTRL Safety Resources Page. Here you will find information and resources on safety in the department.
MTRL Safety Presentation:
New personnel are required to view this presentation as part of their safety training. Click the link below to view.
- Safety orientation worksheet
- UBC Policy 7 Occupational and Research Health and Safety
- Project Planning Sheets
- For Project Planning Sheets use the Risk Management Hazards Analysis Guidelines document available under Resources and Guides below.
- Chemical Waste Inventory Form (on line) (For disposal of chemical waste through the UBC Environmental Services Facility.)
- SDS Template Form
- Semi-annual inspection forms: the labs inspection form can be viewed on the main (previous) safety page.
- Safety training checklist for SHORT-TERM VISITORS
Resources and Guides:
- Additional Aspects of the MTRL Safety Program (PDF)
- Requirements for the Safety Passport(PDF)
- Interim Training information (PDF)
- Department Safety Rules (PDF)
- MTRL Safety Rules for Undergraduate Labs
- Sample labeling in MTRL (examples and template)
- Disposal to the Drains – GVRD Sewer Use Bylaws (PDF)
- Students in crisis (PDF)
- Chemical Safety Manual
- Risk Management Hazard Analysis Guidelines
- Chemical Storage: Incompatibility Guide (PDF)
- Standard Operating Procedures
- RMS Workplace labels – small
- RMS workplace labels – medium
- RMS Workplace labels – large
In case of accidents, incidents or chemical spills and accident/incident report will need to be completed. See the Accident/incident reporting link below to access the on-line form. For assistance contact Bé Wassink, 604-822-2662; email@example.com.
Forms and Resources for Supervisors:
- Guidelines for Lab Specific Safety
- Accident/incident reporting
- Supervisors Monthly Laboratory Inspection Form
- Eyewash Monthly Testing Record Form
- MTRL policy on Working Alone
- Spill reporting – in case of a chemical spill visit rms.ubc.ca and search “spill reporting”.
Forms for Building Operations work:
- Fumehood Shutdown Level I
- Fumehood Shutdown Level II
- Fumehood Shutdown Level III
- UBC Laboratory Entry Procedures – form