The research activities of the department are organized into a number of laboratories. Research is carried out in both the Frank Forward Building and the Brimacombe Building (AMPEL) on UBC campus. Details on research groups can be found in the left hand menu.
Information on some of the centres and initiatives faculty are involved in can be found through the links below.
- Centre for Metallurgical Process Engineering
- Advanced Materials Process Engineering Laboratory
- Clean Energy Research Centre
- Composites Research Network
- MagNet – Magnesium Network